LL Beamish Pit Village


This site is a personal web site run by John Saville and is not endorsed by Enesco or the Lilliput Lane Collectors Club. All information is provided on a "best efforts" basis and no responsibility can be taken for lost time or finance if relied on.             Webmaster: john-saville@ntlworld.com
Pictures of LL Model Name Original Town Visit? LL Ref. Dates Actual Location Grid Reference IoE
Beamish Pit Village  Beamish Pit Village Museum   Oct 10 Pit Village

Beamish Museum




Lilliput Lane's "Beamish Pit Village" is based on buildings at the Pit Village at Beamish Museum  Beamish, Co Durham  DH9 0RG

 All Photos: Jan and Geoff Hampson (except where noted)

Copyright Kevin Rushton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

1 1  The Pit Mahogany Drift Mine [109405]   BLB

The Colliery Heapstead building.

The tall stone engine house came from Beamish 2nd Pit.

    Photos: Hilary Armstrong

Photos: Jan and Geoff Hampson
2 The Church

Photos: Jan and Geoff Hampson



Pit Hill Methodist Chapel 
  The School  
Photo: Hilary Armstrong

Photos: Jan and Geoff Hampson




The Beamish Board School, from nearby East Stanley, first opened in 1892. 

The three classrooms accommodated some 200 children.

  The Cottages  
Photos: Jan and Geoff Hampson

   Photo: Hilary Armstrong



Pit Cottages

(from Francis Street, Hetton-le-Hole near Sunderland.) They were part of a row of of 27 houses build in the 1860s and housed pitmen's families until the late 1970s.

  Other items in the Pit Village  




This is a personal website run by John Saville.  All web pages are Copyright John Saville as are all photographs unless otherwise indicated. Other information (e.g. maps etc) may be copyright to others as indicated. No information may be copied or reproduced without prior permission (from: john-saville@ntlworld.com) but this will almost certainly be willingly granted.