This site is a personal web site run by John Saville and is not endorsed by Enesco or the Lilliput Lane Collectors Club. All information is provided on a "best efforts" basis and no responsibility can be taken for lost time or finance if relied on.             Webmaster: john-saville@ntlworld.com
Model Name Originals Town Visit? LL Ref. Dates Actual Location Grid Reference IoE
Top Hat & Tails Evesham Surveyors Office L2623   Walker Hall

Market Place (east side)WR11 4RW

N52.0918 W1.9473 147469


Almonry, The Evesham Tourist Information Centre ? Mar 96

Dec 96

Almonry Heritage Centre,
Riverside Centre
WR11 4BG
N52.096 W1.9490 147492


Lilliput Lane's "The Almonry" is based on Almonry Heritage Centre, Riverside Centre, WR11 4BG

Photo: Sherri Reicher

Founded by the Bishop of Worcester at the beginning of the 18th Century is located in Evesham Worcestershire A large part of the monastery was destroyed in the mid-16th century under the rule of Henry VIII Fortunately a small section survived and still stands today It was first opened to the public in 1957 The Almonry is managed by the Vale of Evesham Historical Society . 

Lilliput Lane's "Top Hat & Tails" is based on Walker Hall, Market Place, WR11 4RW  [IoE 147469 BLB]

Refurbishment in 2000/1 46,000 grant from English Heritage

Currently offices of Ward & Dale which include "Surveyors accredited in building conservation" RICS

A persons memories

"it certainly seems highly plausible that the Quakers were imprisoned in the cellar of what is now called the Walker Hall, until recently the town lending library"

Photo: Jan Tarrant

Photo: Claire Scott

info to be addded




This is a personal website run by John Saville.  All web pages are Copyright John Saville as are all photographs unless otherwise indicated. Other information (e.g. maps etc) may be copyright to others as indicated. No information may be copied or reproduced without prior permission (from: john-saville@ntlworld.com) but this will almost certainly be willingly granted.