Canvey Island


Canvey Island, once a mud bank separated from the mainland by a river, was reclaimed in the 17th century, and now relies on flood prevention walls to survive.

During the 1953 floods 58 people died here, a flood that affected most of England's East Coast

This site is a personal web site run by John Saville and is not endorsed by Enesco or the Lilliput Lane Collectors Club. All information is provided on a "best efforts" basis and no responsibility can be taken for lost time or finance if relied on.             Webmaster:
Return to LL Essex Name Town . LL Ref. Actual Location Grid Reference IoE
Circle Of Love Canvey Island Museum L2538 On slip road by Nursery off A130 via Northwick Road N51.5241 E0.5563 116819
Lilliput Lane's "Circle of Love" is based on this C17th Dutch Cottage which is now a museum.
Another Dutch Cottage (6 Haven Road)

See also Lilliput Lane's "Cosy Christmas" in nearby Rayleigh  


This is a personal website run by John Saville.  All web pages are Copyright John Saville as are all photographs unless otherwise indicated. Other information (e.g. maps etc) may be copyright to others as indicated. No information may be copied or reproduced without prior permission (from: but this will almost certainly be willingly granted.